Natural Health & Fertility
However you are trying to conceive, whether naturally or using any assisted methods; the end result is that a fetus needs a healthy foundation, being the egg and sperm cells and a healthy womb within which to grow and develop.
First Step to Natural Fertility
The first step in any fertility program is to ensure good health in the 4 months prior to conception. This 4 month period is vitally important, as it is during this phase that whatever you ingest is becoming part of the cells that will in turn create the eggs or sperm for fertilsiation and your red blood cells, which circulates to your womb.
Substances to Avoid
Avoiding or limiting certain foods, cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine and toxic exposure such as many beauty products, household cleaners and electro-magnetic fields will all assist in providing healthier cells. Substances such as alcohol and caffeine decrease your body’s ability to absorb key nutrients such as zinc.
Zinc is the most important nutrient for fertility; the key roles are in cell replication, egg & sperm health, immunity and assisting the liver to clear out toxic waste. Most people take zinc as a supplement, along with the rest of their “Pregnancy Care vitamins and minerals” yet in reality, very little of these nutrients are actually absorbed by the body, due to digestive disorders.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Constipation (less than 1 per day is classed as constipated.)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Celiac Disease
If you answered yes to any of these complaints, you have a weakened digestive system which means that it is likely that you are not absorbing as much of your food and supplement as you need. Therefore, it is a good idea to start by optimising your digestive health, so that not only will you be able to absorb the nutrients, but your future baby will gain optimum nutrients as they grow inside you!
Problems with Conceiving
If you are having trouble conceiving or have experienced miscarriages, there may be an underlying health problem which is causing this to occur. New research shows that 40% of unexplained infertility and 80% of unexplained miscarriages are due to an immune problem. As 80% of your immune cells live within your digestive tract, this is another reason to restore digestive health.
How to Restore Digestive Health
We are all bio-chemically individual, there isn’t a one rule fixes all, but there are a few golden rules that will apply to everyone:
- Take a good Probiotic. The majority of “probiotic drinks” that you buy at the supermarket are expensive and do not contain a clinical dose. A good probiotic will contain several different strains of bacteria, and no additives! Purchase from a Health shop or Health Practitioner.
- Slippery Elm powder helps restore health to the intestines by gently healing the digestive lining and assisting with elimination.
- Take a good Fish Oil, again purchase from a health practitioner to ensure you are getting a good quality, toxic free product. Fish Oil is anti-inflammatory and will help with numerous underlying health issues.
- Vitamin D is the most important vitamin; we recommend a minimum dose of 5000 IU. Its serves many key roles in the bodies biological systems, improving general overall health thus fertility.
It is important that our health concerns are looked at from the foundations or the root cause upwards; this will lay a healthy foundation for any ongoing further Fertility treatment.
This content has been kindly supplied by: Clare & Donovan Blake